Love is in the air. Can you feel it? This year, UPK will be hosting Cupid Countdown, a week-long posting extravaganza to help you and your significant other have the most unforgettable Valentine’s Day! To kick off the week, we give you this:
What better way to express your love for someone than by literally sweeping them off their feet? In today’s post, we will teach you the basic moves to glide your way across the dance floor and straight into your sweetie’s heart.
The Jazz Square:
1. Step forward with your right foot.
2. Cross over your right foot with your left.
3. Step backward with your right foot.
4. Bring your left foot back, making your feet shoulder width apart.
5. Bring your right foot back into place next to your left.
1. Stand with your feet together.
2. Step forward with your right foot.
3. Step forward with your left foot, landing ahead of your right foot.
4. Pick up your right foot as you place your left.
5. Set your right foot back down.
6. Step back with your left foot, placing it behind your right.
7. Step back with right foot, placing it behind your left.
8. Pick up your left foot as you place your right foot.
9. Set your left foot back down.
10. Step together.
Altogether, it should look like this:
1. Starting with your feet together, step out with your right foot.
2. Cross your left foot behind your right foot.
3. Step out with your right foot.4. Step together with your left foot.
5. Repeat in opposite direction.
Those are all the basics that you need to know to get your boogie on with your loved one this Valentine’s Day! For more advanced steps and an amazing story, check out our book, Charles Walters: The Director Who Made Hollywood Dance! You will learn a multitude on the art of dancing firsthand from one of Hollywood’s greatest choreographers!