It’s the eleventh day of our new, annual [12 Days of Giveaways]- your chance to win some of our best books! All you have to do is leave a comment here on the blog, or re-tweet our [12 Days of Giveaways] message on Twitter and you’re automatically entered to win. If you comment or re-tweet everyday, you’ll be entered to win our 13th day GRAND PRIZE of all 12 books, worth $300!
The Complete Guide to Kentucky State Parks is the one-stop resource for information on great places to view Kentucky’s natural beauty, tour historical sites, golf, camp, fish, hike, backpack, swim, ride horseback, rock climb, and enjoy almost any other type of outdoor recreation. Whether you are a day tripper, weekend escapee, or weeklong camper, this unique guide is ideal for any one of the seven million visitors who enjoy Kentucky state parks each year. Author Susan Reigler showcases all forty-nine state parks and historical sites, as well as the Kentucky Horse Park, the Breaks Interstate Park, and the Falls of the Ohio State Park.
The book contains vivid details and numerous lush photographs and is organized geographically to help with planning trips around the state. A comprehensive map is included for each region. For every park, the essential information is provided:
• Natural or historical attractions of the park
• Types of recreation available
• Camping and lodging facilities, museums, and gift shops
• Addresses and phone numbers
• Magnificent color photographs—170 in all.
If you want to see the moonbow at Cumberland Falls, one of only two in the world, to listen for a ghostly bugle at Perryville Battlefield, or to explore the longest cave system in the world, let this book be your guide. Don’t be without it when planning your vacation in Kentucky.
“These are the Kentucky state parks and historical locations I recognize. All of them, except nine, Nina and I have visited. In fact, we had our delayed honeymoon in a cabin at Natural Bridge State Park—in a snowstorm—in 1959! Luxuriate in these pictures and narratives—but, by all means, visit them yourselves. Then, write your own stories.”—Nick and Nina Clooney
Comment here, or re-tweet our [12 Days of Giveaways] message for your chance to win!
For full rules and details, continue reading:
Re-Tweet or Comment every day to be entered for the GRAND PRIZE GIVEAWAY!
- Every day, UPK will Tweet and Post the chance to win one of our most popular books
- Re-Tweet our updates or Comment on the blog to be entered to win that day’s book
- Re-Tweet or Comment EVERY DAY to be automatically entered to win the $300 GRAND PRIZE
- Look for Tweets and Posts labeled [12 Days of Giveaways]
Stay tuned each day to win 12 great books!
- How Kentucky Became Southern: A Tale of Outlaws, Horse Thieves, Gamblers, and Breeders
- The Kentucky Bourbon Cookbook
- Kentucky’s Natural Heritage: An Illustrated Guide to Biodiversity
- A Kentucky Christmas
- Kentucky Horse Country: Images of the Bluegrass
- The Kentucky Bourbon Cocktail Book
- Out of Kentucky Kitchens
- A is for Appalachia!: The Alphabet Book of Appalachian Heritage
- Spookiest Stories Ever: Four Seasons of Kentucky Ghosts
- Lincoln Legends: Myths, Hoaxes, and Confabulations Associated with our Greatest President
- The Complete Guide to Kentucky State Parks
- GRAND PRIZE WINNER