It’s the ninth day of our new, annual [12 Days of Giveaways]- your chance to win some of our best books! All you have to do is leave a comment here on the blog, or re-tweet our [12 Days of Giveaways] message on Twitter and you’re automatically entered to win. If you comment or re-tweet everyday, you’ll be entered to win our 13th day GRAND PRIZE of all 12 books, worth $300!
If tree branches scratching at your window on a stormy April night or the hot, sticky oppression of a stifling summer’s day puts fear into your heart. Or rustling November leaves, and the chill that sneaks into your bones during the darkened days of winter makes you quiver with anxiety, then reading spooky thrillers shouldn’t wait until October. From masterful storytelling duo Roberta and Lonnie Brown comes Spookiest Stories Ever: Four Seasons of Kentucky Ghosts, a creepy collection of tales from their home state.
Featuring familiar Kentucky landmarks such as the Palace Theater and the Waverly Hills Sanatorium in Louisville and Shaker Village of Pleasant Hill, these accounts from across the commonwealth are sure to put a tingle in the reader’s spine. These notable stories, including tales of the “chime child” who can see and talk to ghosts, graveside appearances, and the Spurlington Witch of Taylor County, occur in all four seasons and come from every corner of Kentucky. An essential part of the American storytelling tradition, these ghost stories will delight readers who love getting goose bumps all year long.
“Through the talented, kindhearted narrators of these stories, readers of this book become part of Kentucky’s storytelling community and participate in this state’s rich traditional heritage. Readers are sure to find this book both meaningful and enjoyable.” —from the foreword by Elizabeth Tucker, author of Haunted Halls: Ghostlore of American College Campuses
Comment here, or re-tweet our [12 Days of Giveaways] message for your chance to win!
For full rules and details, continue reading:
Re-Tweet or Comment every day to be entered for the GRAND PRIZE GIVEAWAY!
- Every day, UPK will Tweet and Post the chance to win one of our most popular books
- Re-Tweet our updates or Comment on the blog to be entered to win that day’s book
- Re-Tweet or Comment EVERY DAY to be automatically entered to win the $300 GRAND PRIZE
- Look for Tweets and Posts labeled [12 Days of Giveaways]
Stay tuned each day to win 12 great books!
- How Kentucky Became Southern: A Tale of Outlaws, Horse Thieves, Gamblers, and Breeders
- The Kentucky Bourbon Cookbook
- Kentucky’s Natural Heritage: An Illustrated Guide to Biodiversity
- A Kentucky Christmas
- Kentucky Horse Country: Images of the Bluegrass
- The Kentucky Bourbon Cocktail Book
- Out of Kentucky Kitchens
- A is for Appalachia!: The Alphabet Book of Appalachian Heritage
- Spookiest Stories Ever: Four Seasons of Kentucky Ghosts
- GRAND PRIZE WINNER