It’s the seventh day of our new, annual [12 Days of Giveaways]- your chance to win some of our best books! All you have to do is leave a comment here on the blog, or re-tweet our [12 Days of Giveaways] message on Twitter and you’re automatically entered to win. If you comment or re-tweet everyday, you’ll be entered to win our 13th day GRAND PRIZE of all 12 books, worth $300!
Down-home Southern cooking is as much a part of Kentucky’s heritage as fine horses or bourbon whiskey. Louisville’s own Marion Flexner gathers Kentucky’s best cuisine in Out of Kentucky Kitchens. Known as a skilled hand in the kitchen, Flexner compiled delicious and thoroughly tested recipes of Kentucky specialties, such as the Chocolate Almond Torte, Tombstone Pudding, and the Real Hot Brown. Colorful anecdotes, spanning 100 years of famous Kentuckians, the best hostesses, and cooks, bring this collection of the best Kentucky fare to life. Originally published in 1949, the reissue of this Kentucky classic gives generations of cooks access once again to a regional culinary guide that is a delight to use and read.
“Nobody knows Kentucky cooking better than Marion Flexner, who pioneered the field with this wonderful cookbook. Here is the true flavor of Kentucky gathered from every part of the state and set forth in all its variety from ‘sippages’ to nuts. The instructions are clear as a limestone spring, the book is a joy to cook from, and the food will warm your heart.”– Charles Patteson, author of Charles Patteson’s Kentucky Cooking
Comment here, or re-tweet our [12 Days of Giveaways] message for your chance to win!
For full rules and details, continue reading:
Re-Tweet or Comment every day to be entered for the GRAND PRIZE GIVEAWAY!
- Every day, UPK will Tweet and Post the chance to win one of our most popular books
- Re-Tweet our updates or Comment on the blog to be entered to win that day’s book
- Re-Tweet or Comment EVERY DAY to be automatically entered to win the $300 GRAND PRIZE
- Look for Tweets and Posts labeled [12 Days of Giveaways]
Stay tuned each day to win 12 great books!
- How Kentucky Became Southern: A Tale of Outlaws, Horse Thieves, Gamblers, and Breeders
- The Kentucky Bourbon Cookbook
- Kentucky’s Natural Heritage: An Illustrated Guide to Biodiversity
- A Kentucky Christmas
- Kentucky Horse Country: Images of the Bluegrass
- The Kentucky Bourbon Cocktail Book
- Out of Kentucky Kitchens
- GRAND PRIZE WINNER