The half-way mark is here! It’s the sixth day of our new, annual [12 Days of Giveaways]- your chance to win some of our best books! All you have to do is leave a comment here on the blog, or re-tweet our [12 Days of Giveaways] message on Twitter and you’re automatically entered to win. If you comment or re-tweet everyday, you’ll be entered to win our 13th day GRAND PRIZE of all 12 books, worth $300!
Interest in bourbon, America’s native spirit and a beverage almost exclusively distilled in Kentucky, has never been greater. Thanks in part to the general popularity of cocktails and the marketing efforts of the bourbon industry, there are more brands of bourbon and more bourbon drinkers than ever before. In The Kentucky Bourbon Cocktail Book, Joy Perrine and Susan Reigler provide a reader-friendly handbook featuring more than 100 recipes including seasonal drinks, after-dinner bourbon cocktails, Derby cocktails, and even medicinal toddies. The book’s introduction explains how the use of specific spirits and ingredients, glassware, and special techniques, such as muddling and infusions, accentuates the unique flavor of bourbon. Much of the book is devoted to recipes and instructions for the professional or at-home bartender, from classic drinks such as the Manhattan and the Mint Julep to drinks for special occasions, including the Candy Cane, Pumpkin Eggnog, and Kentucky Bourbon Sparkler. The authors complete the work with suggested appetizer pairings, a glossary of terms, and a bibliography of bourbon-related books.
“Consider The Kentucky Bourbon Cocktail Book an essential addition to the literature of commonwealth entertaining and to the recipe collections of well-appointed in-home bistros and cosmopolitan cafes.”–The Courier-Journal
“This is a very good book for any bourbon lover’s bar library.”– Mike Veach, bourbonenthusiast.com
Comment here, or re-tweet our [12 Days of Giveaways] message for your chance to win!
For full rules and details, continue reading:
Re-Tweet or Comment every day to be entered for the GRAND PRIZE GIVEAWAY!
- Every day, UPK will Tweet and Post the chance to win one of our most popular books
- Re-Tweet our updates or Comment on the blog to be entered to win that day’s book
- Re-Tweet or Comment EVERY DAY to be automatically entered to win the $300 GRAND PRIZE
- Look for Tweets and Posts labeled [12 Days of Giveaways]
Stay tuned each day to win 12 great books!
- How Kentucky Became Southern: A Tale of Outlaws, Horse Thieves, Gamblers, and Breeders
- The Kentucky Bourbon Cookbook
- Kentucky’s Natural Heritage: An Illustrated Guide to Biodiversity
- A Kentucky Christmas
- Kentucky Horse Country: Images of the Bluegrass
- The Kentucky Bourbon Cocktail Book
- GRAND PRIZE WINNER