It’s the fifth day of our new, annual [12 Days of Giveaways]- your chance to win some of our best books! All you have to do is leave a comment here on the blog, or re-tweet our [12 Days of Giveaways] message on Twitter and you’re automatically entered to win. If you comment or re-tweet everyday, you’ll be entered to win our 13th day GRAND PRIZE of all 12 books, worth $300!
In Kentucky Horse Country: Images of the Bluegrass, renowned photographer James Archambeault captures the natural beauty of Kentucky’s Bluegrass region and the thoroughbred industry for which it is famous. Kentucky Horse Country contains 165 full-color images, from tender scenes of mares and foals grazing, to the excitement of race day at Keeneland, to gorgeous landscapes of white fences enclosing lush rolling hills. The book also includes rare photographs of some of the legendary horses that have made horse racing so exciting and popular: Affirmed, Spectacular Bid, Secretariat, Seattle Slew, and others. The photographs in Kentucky Horse Country are accompanied by captions and narrative descriptions by Archambeault, as well as an informative introduction to the history of thoroughbreds in the Bluegrass by preeminent racing historian Edward L. Bowen. The book also includes a foreword by Kentucky native Steve Cauthen, the youngest jockey ever to win the Triple Crown. Archambeault’s latest work is a Kentucky treasure, both for fans of horses and horse racing and for lovers of the beauty of the Bluegrass.
“From the cover photo of a foal in full gallop to a mischievous yearling munching a leaf from a tree, there is much to enjoy in this wonderful book.”– Bill Ellis, Kentucky Monthly
Comment here, or re-tweet our [12 Days of Giveaways] message for your chance to win!
For full rules and details, continue reading:
Re-Tweet or Comment every day to be entered for the GRAND PRIZE GIVEAWAY!
- Every day, UPK will Tweet and Post the chance to win one of our most popular books
- Re-Tweet our updates or Comment on the blog to be entered to win that day’s book
- Re-Tweet or Comment EVERY DAY to be automatically entered to win the $300 GRAND PRIZE
- Look for Tweets and Posts labeled [12 Days of Giveaways]
Stay tuned each day to win 12 great books!
- How Kentucky Became Southern: A Tale of Outlaws, Horse Thieves, Gamblers, and Breeders
- The Kentucky Bourbon Cookbook
- Kentucky’s Natural Heritage: An Illustrated Guide to Biodiversity
- A Kentucky Christmas
- Kentucky Horse Country: Images of the Bluegrass
- GRAND PRIZE WINNER