Though Fall is one of the busiest times of the year, what with school starting back and gearing up for the start of football season, UPK has lots of great events coming up that you do not want to miss out on! So get your pencil and your calendar ready…
- September 10 @ 7pm, Ron Pen will be signing copies of his new book, I Wonder as I Wander: The Life of John Jacob Niles at the Morris Book Shop on Southland Drive in Lexington.
- September 14-19 The Kentucky Bourbon Festival takes place in Bardstown, KY
- Events Featuring UPK authors:
- Thursday, September 16 at The Great Hall of My Old Kentucky Home State Park from 7-9 pm, Culinary Art: Bourbon-Style Cooking School: Enjoy samples of cuisine featuring Jim Beam Bourbons prepared by Chef Albert Schmid, author of The Kentucky Bourbon Cookbook. $50/person, Must be at least 21 years of age. Reservation Required (1-800-638-4877).
- Saturday, September 18 at The Loft at Spalding Hall from 6-8 pm Join Joy Perrine, author of The Kentucky Bourbon Cocktail Book for Bourbon Cocktail Mixology: Sample an array of Kentucky Bourbon-based cocktails. Learn why certain ingredients bring out the best of Bourbon’s complex and satisfying flavors. $35/person, must be at least 21 years of age. Reservation Required (1-800-638-4877).
- UPK will have books available for purchase Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (September 17-19) at our booth on the Spalding Hall and City Hall Lawns. Free admission.
- September 15 @7 pm, UPK celebrates the release of Ron Pen’s new book, I Wonder as I Wander: The Life of John Jacob Niles at The Niles Center for American Music in the University of Kentucky Lucille Caudill Little Fine Arts Library with performances of the enduring music of John Jacob Niles, readings from the book, and a reception.
- September 18 @10 am, the authors of Kentucky’s Natural Heritage: An Illustrated Guide to Biodiversity will speaking and signing their book at Bernheim Forest in Clermont, KY.
- or, meet the authors and have your book signed September 19 @12 pm at the Morris Book Shop.
Please join us for any or all of these events, and keep checking back for additional updates and happenings!