It’s the eighth day of our new, annual [12 Days of Giveaways]- your chance to win some of our best books! All you have to do is leave a comment here on the blog, or re-tweet our [12 Days of Giveaways] message on Twitter and you’re automatically entered to win. If you comment or re-tweet everyday, you’ll be entered to win our 13th day GRAND PRIZE of all 12 books, worth $300!
A is for Appalachia! is a treasured alphabet book for children. The book introduces young readers to letters while providing an endearing look at the traditions, history, and life of Appalachia, a region with one of the oldest and most unique folk cultures in the United States. This is a book filled with a diverse array of beautifully illustrated folk tales, ghost stories, recipes, Jack Tales, expressions, happenings, and music that excites the imagination of people of all ages. Adults and children alike are shown a remarkable legacy particular to Appalachia, but one that also truly transcends cultures.
“This book is a delight from beginning to end. I believe I love it as much as my two daughters do, and they adore it. A is for Appalachia! is entertaining, informative, and a perfect read. I can’t recommend it enough.”– Silas House, author of Clay’s Quilt, A Parchment of Leaves, The Coal Tattoo, and Something’s Rising: Appalachians Fighting Mountaintop Removal
Comment here, or re-tweet our [12 Days of Giveaways] message for your chance to win!
For full rules and details, continue reading:
Re-Tweet or Comment every day to be entered for the GRAND PRIZE GIVEAWAY!
- Every day, UPK will Tweet and Post the chance to win one of our most popular books
- Re-Tweet our updates or Comment on the blog to be entered to win that day’s book
- Re-Tweet or Comment EVERY DAY to be automatically entered to win the $300 GRAND PRIZE
- Look for Tweets and Posts labeled [12 Days of Giveaways]
Stay tuned each day to win 12 great books!
- How Kentucky Became Southern: A Tale of Outlaws, Horse Thieves, Gamblers, and Breeders
- The Kentucky Bourbon Cookbook
- Kentucky’s Natural Heritage: An Illustrated Guide to Biodiversity
- A Kentucky Christmas
- Kentucky Horse Country: Images of the Bluegrass
- The Kentucky Bourbon Cocktail Book
- Out of Kentucky Kitchens
- A is for Appalachia!: The Alphabet Book of Appalachian Heritage
- GRAND PRIZE WINNER